Friday, March 6, 2009

Foodie Friday


Foodie Friday hosted by Gollum is so much fun.  I said before, I love all the neat recipe ideas we get to share, so read mine and then go over to Designs by Gollum to see all the other awesome recipes and hey, maybe, just maybe, you'll add your own. 

Here goes my recipe for this week - sorry I don't have a photo this time:

Veggi-Packed-Pita

Ingredients:

1/2 pita pocket (whole wheat)
1/4 cup cooked, cut up chicken breast
1 cup veggies (zucchini, squash, portabella mushroom)
1 cup uncooked baby spinach
2 table spoons olive oil
1 slice pepperjack cheese

cook the veggies in olive oil, just before they are done, add the chicken and spinach, cover and let cook at low heat for a few minutes or until chicken is heated through.

Place the cheese in the pita pocket, add the veggie mix, enjoy!

I felt so full after this one I thought I cheated--it is absolutely delicious, filled with nutrients, protein, vitamins, fiber--it's just awesome!


**Note:  you can add or replace the cheese and the veggies for something you would rather have.  I had this yesterday and after it was all done I added a couple of slices of Avocado and used Asiago cheese - still delicious.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. The pita sounds so fresh and healthy, and so very tasty. Thank you so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delish choice for today! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since hubby and I are trying so hard to eat healthy, I know I will make us one of these tomorrow for lunch..thanks so much..

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds good (and healthy, lol)...going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yira! You don't even need a photo for this ... it's really easy to visualize. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete