Sunday, April 12, 2009

A beautiful Easter afternoon

Today we attended the service at our local military chapel.  Our priest gave a nice sermon, what little I could hear in between keeping the little man quiet and taking him outside to be a kid every now and again.  After we had a brunch with our parishioners where we met new military families and said goodbye to some that were leaving.  We also had a chance to reconnect with others we don't get to see often enough.  
I admit, I don't like early services.  I'm more of the 10 or 11 am type person this way I have time to get the kids ready, fed and out the door.  But this is what we have to work with so we make it happen.  Once we're there, we are generally glad we made the effort because of the great people we have a chance to meet and reconnect.  They were a solid foundation for me and my kids when my husband was sent to Iraq 2 years ago.  We are lucky to have them in our lives.
The long awaited Easter Egg Hunt is here....
.... it was a great day and we (hubby, me, and the kids) had a great time.  
Why is it so difficult sometimes to take the time to just play and be a kid.  
I let it all go today and played outdoors.  It hasn't been too long since I just gave in to the child in me but I miss it anyway.  What was I thinking choosing chores over this.
I think I'll do it again tomorrow!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yira, looks like everyone is having a wonderful time.

    Thanks for your visit to Bella Vista.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete