Thursday, May 14, 2009

Foodie Friday- Granny Smith Nutty Salad


It's foodie friday again...my favorite time of the week especially when I have something to share.  This is hosted by Gollum.  Visit her at Designs by Gollum for more tasty treats.


I love to have fruits and nuts in my salad so I'm always coming up with a different combination to keep things interesting. We had this for dinner on Thursday night and it was delicious.  Mr. Navy made steak on the grill so we topped this with a few slices of meant and, yum, very tasty.  If I had craisins and bacon bits I would have added that too but it was good none the less.  Enjoy!

Romain Lettuce
Granny Smith Apple
Walnuts
Parmesan Cheese
Olive Oil
Lime juice

Don't bother with measurements, you know how much you should be eating...toss it all together and add grilled chicken, beef, or salmon for  nutritious, filling meal.

14 comments:

  1. Oh yum... I love granny smith apples....and it didn't occur to me to toss them in a salad...but I will tomorrow! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good salad! Might just have to try this on Mr. Magpie! Thanks!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have put these ingredients all together but like them all and bet they make a great salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually throw in lots of extras into our salads for crunch and different flavors.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like lots of things in our salad, too. Especially nuts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so hot here right now, that am surviving on salads and youghurt mostly..and this recipe sure seems great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful and I bet it tastes that way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The salad looks so good and is so simple, I hope you don't mind, but I linked it to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh - sounds delicious!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post; my kind of meal, one bowl...I too am a fruit in salad person, but have not tried "granny smiths" although they are my snack favorite. Will do so now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your salad looks yummy, we love granny smiths and adding lots of fruit n nuts to salads makes them crunchy and even more healthy, happy weekend, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Yira, ooooo, this sounds so delicious!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like nuts and fruit too. yum

    ReplyDelete