Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Travels

"I-95 Winter Day"

For the past three years we have been traveling across the seas to see family during the holidays and whether we go across the sea or across state lines I always ask myself why am I doing this again? I will not be traveling over the holidays anymore. I'm done! It's tiring, frustrating, the car becomes a huge mess, we have to worry about the pets, the kids have to leave their new toys behind, I mean, it's just a real pain in the neck, literally, all that driving and uncomfortable sleeping...ugh!

But each time, when it's all said and done, we're glad we did it. It's a family thing.  We don't want to deal with the inconveniences of winter travels but we want to see family. We want to be close and feel the warmth of each others company.  We feel blessed that we have the opportunity, the possibilities, and the people to go visit, many do not or can not.

I am thankful that we are able to travel and that we have places to stay and that we can see our family, even if only for a little while, during the holidays. I hope to visit more often through the year and then maybe we wont feel so guilty not traveling during the busiest time of year.

I'd like to wish everyone a new year filled with promises fulfilled, hope and dreams attained, and relationships built or rebuilt. May you all get exactly what you deserve...health, happiness, and love!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams" ~ Thoreau

Let's talk next year ;-)

Terie

No comments:

Post a Comment