Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sabbath Moments - finding the peace within


"Sabbath Moments are those moments or hours or days that we take to honor God, to rest in God, and to put God first on our list. No agenda needed. A time to Just Be."


I thank the host of the Sabbath moments, Colleen, for sharing her moments and giving me some perspective on life. Live in the moment, right Colleen? :-) Visit Colleen and join in the moment.


The last few weeks since we received orders that will move us from Virginia to Cuba, life has been stressful, hectic, crazy to say the least. In my last update I gave you a quick synopsis of where we stand but what most people don't realize is how much needs to be done in order for this move to take place. The behind the scene work no one is prepared to do while still living a normal life and keeping the peace in the family. All that takes great effort, a lot of energy, and patience.



In the midst of all the craziness around here I have found several Sabbath moments and I have to say that those moments, even in small doses, are my salvation. Sometimes, like today, I just get up early in the morning and reflect on the previous day, check off that to-do list because it gives me a great sense of accomplishment. I also look at my life and realize how blessed I am to have such a fantastic family who loves me and is always there for me, beautiful friends who are willing to hear me complain and then stick around for the laughter and of course my kids, they light up my life.


These quiet moments I manage to find also throughout the day. Yesterday I took out the trash and realized how loud things were in the house when I stepped outside and closed the door I heard nothing. So I decided to take my time or as my husband says "take the scenic route back home from the trash can"-- which is funny because the trash can is just outside but it helps to walk around the house before re-entering. Those quick minutes were all I needed to re-energize and regroup my thoughts. It really is a great feeling to just BE sometimes.


It is during these quiet times of reflection that I take the time to give thanks to GOD for giving me all that I have inside and out, for my family and friends AND even for this time, the time to be with him. Even when I'm in the moment I'm never really all alone and that's just fine with me.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! I love that -" taking the scenic route back home from the trash can!" Not only literally speaking but it makes a great metaphor for some of our crazy days right? Leave the trash behind and see the gifts God gives us. Sabbath moments can really help us get through the craziness can't they? Thank you so much for participating in the meme! You are in my prayers.

    Recent blog:=- Sabbath Moments All the Way to Heaven

    ReplyDelete