Thursday, September 13, 2012

Foodie Friday: Layered Salad

I'm excited to join the Food Friday recipe exchange again, particularly this fall.  I love the warm colors the fall brings and that's something I have truly missed while living in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for three years - never an orange leaf there but here, I am looking forward to casseroles, crockpot recipes, and stews, yum!

But for now I have to share this salad because I really love salads, unless I'm in the mood for comfort food in which case the green leaves become the bed of my comfort food.  My goal is to make my comfort food healthier because in the Northeaster United States you can't help but crave warm, creamy meals when it's cold outside.



This is a very simple salad.  Here are the ingredients:

1 hard boiled egg
1/4 cup chopped cooked chicken breast (use those leftovers)
2 TBS Feta or Goat cheese
1/4 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
2 cups mix Arugula and Spinach
Drizzle a bit of olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar
Top with a handful of Trader Joe's Whole Grain chips for a little crunch

Layer it, add more, use any meat or fish you have leftover and enjoy!!


You should go to the Foodie Friday blog, I bet you can make a menu for the whole month. Everything looks delicious!  I'm on my way there now!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment