Friday, December 11, 2009

Foodie Friday: When life gives you lemons....

....or whatever the ingredient, make something WITH it!

My house is now empty, except for the stuff they wont pack and move for me because it's flammable, open containers, perishables, etc... I can understand that, but did they have to pack my almost empty jar of all natural crunchy peanut butter and almond butter? They were opened! How about that pretty candle in the hallway, that's flammable, last time I checked.

Anyway, I am left the perishables in the fridge, my neighbors pyrex 1 quart pot and some plastic utensils.  Although I amtrying to live a more vegetarian lifestyle, I'm not one to throw away food. This morning I decided it was about time I did something with all this stuff.  You all know how much I love eggs by now because it seems most of my recipes call for eggs in some form or another.  So here it is...

4 Eggs
1/2 cup chopped Turkey Kielbasa
1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, green)
1/4 cup shredded cheese (whatever you like)
Any other veggie left in the fridge? Sure -- mushrooms, tomatoes, zuccini, whatever you want.

Mix it up and cook in the microwave, first for 2 minutes on high but keep your eye on it.  Then stir and cook for a few more minutes on med/high until the eggs are cooked through.

It turned really good and such a comfort food for me. Even my toddler enjoyed a few bites. Yum!  By the way, the measurements are eye balled, I have no measuring cups either.

I now have the energy I need to clean this house all by myself -- it seems harder when it's empty- a larger area to vacuum and dust I guess.  And all those little holes on the walls...ugh, so much to do.

Soon I will begin my new blog titled "Family Life in Guantanamo Bay" where I will chronicle what is like to live on the Naval Base in Cuba where it seems most people think it's nothing but a prision camp.  I hope to change a few minds and help everyone share in our adventure in this new and somewhat secluded land.

My house did not sell this fall, but that's OK, now it's up for rent - maybe someone you know moving to the area-- who knows, I have to spread the word.  Here is a link to the virtual tour -- http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=565143

Many blessings to everyone, 'till next time!!

Terie

Shared on Foodie Friday, hosted by Designs by Gollum

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie...You sound so sad. ;( It must be so hard to move so far away. Good luck to you, I'm sure you will make your new nest as beautiful as the one your leaving (I took the tour of your gorgeous home!) Many blessings to you as you start this new, exciting journey! Your recipe sounds really yummy! Hugs, =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the remainder of your move goes smoothly. I look forward to your future posts. Have a great Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great, inventive recipe. Hope your move goes well.I will be looking forward to your blog entries.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "People who need people, are the luckiest people in the world" by Barbara Streissand

    I feel lucky because I need people and I have people -- Thank you people for visiting my blog and all the well wishes!!

    ReplyDelete