Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I need a massage!!

I have been taking collge classes for, well, for a long time now.  It is one of my goals to get my degree so that when hubby retires and we stopped moving and the kids are in school full time, I can hopefully get a better job than without a degree -- one would hope anyway.

Going to school online, while raising a family, having babies, moving around the country, a part time job at the gym and maintaining a home...etc...etc.. it can be very, very challenging.  Online education is not easy.  You are pretty much self educating but paying the teachers to grade your work. I want that job! 

Online classes require a lot, I mean A LOT of reading and quite a bit of writing, a lot of interpretation of what you read, excellent time mangement skills and a lot of patience.  Everything is online, the library, the conference with the teacher, the socializing and sharing with other students...etc...etc... I miss live interaction.  But, since I know that is not an option I can take right now, online education is what I have to do.

The last few weeks have been particularly stressful because my ArtHistory teacher is extremely demanding, very critical and sometimes negative.  I know she wants us to really think about what we see and she wants us to be passionate about the art pieces we discuss.  I love art, I'm just not passionate about it, at least not like she is.  Her timing with our projects have been ridiculous and would be even if the class was live.  

We have about 4 weeks left and I can't wait to see the light at the end of this tunnel.  I'm exhausted, my back hurts and I would like to read something other than a text book for a change.  Right now I only have time to read about Music of the world, Art History, and Humanities--what was I thinking?

Today I'm writing an essay for music but that will be easy since I actually enjoy this class and the teacher, then I'm cleaning my house and taking a much needed break to hang with my little bear.

I'm scheduling a massage--right now, this week I will have my massage and feel better. I deserve it!

photo by philoo 14

No comments:

Post a Comment