Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Morning Reflections

Photo by Jim Hunter

I must have been really tired last night because I layed down on the couch to watch TV with my husband who was watching  at 1968 movie called "Funny Girl" with Barbara Streisand.  I was rather enjoying the show, I love musicals and I love old movies, well movies that are at least as old as me or older.  Anyway, within minutes I was asleep.  The rule is that if I'm so exausted that I fall asleep on the couch no one should wake me, just let me sleep.  So they did.  This morning I woke up early but I felt fully rested.  I felt great.

I grabbed some green tea and took a walk in my back yard, reflecting on my little flowers that were beginning to bloom, watching the little birds eating from the bird house, the sun wasn't even fully out yet but it was light out and the air felt so good--a little cool but with clear signs that it would not be for long.  

The I started thinking about my kids, each one with his or her own personality, funny moments, smiles, the sloppy kisses, the hugs.  Even though we know those frustrating angry moments exist, I could not bring myself to think of them, only the love and affection they always gave me and Daddy.

Something about this morning just made me reflect on my life, how lucky I am to have such healthy kids, how lucky I am to have a man who has stood by be and married me twice in the last 20 years, how lucky I am to have what I have, and how I thank GOD for giving me the frienships, the love, and the gift of life to share with everyone in my life.

I have to say that early morning peace is most therapeutic for me.  Me and my green tea will have to do this more often.  I feel great!  Have a great Sunday everyone.

By the way, I want you all to visit Lance at The Jungle of Life because his last post has a fantastic message.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm a bit late here...but thanks so much for the link and your very kind and generous words! I appreciate this very much. And you touched upon something that has pretty deep meaning for me - early morning peace - something that really gets my day started off right. It's good to be here...

    ReplyDelete