Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Living between nap time and bed time

Lately, I feel like like I am living between the baby's nap time and bed time.  Some times I just can't wait for his nap time and then his bed time so I can get back to catching up with all my to-do's.  Things just pile up and no fly lady or well organized program seems to be enough to get things done.  

Did somebody add water to my laundry? It has grown since I last switched it! Anyway, I was feeling proud of myself for keeping up with my laundry but in reality I wasn't keeping up, I was just washing an drying but not folding and storing.  Crazy how that happens. 

I have a list, well I do now.  I have my online planner and my paper planner that needs to be updated so I don't forget anything.  How do I get myself into these situations?  Well, it only takes me not following my routine for a couple of days and then I end up with an avalanche of stuff to do.  With two teens, a six and 2.5 year old in the house, plus the husband, one would think we have enough people here to keep things clean and organized. Time for me to put my foot down...yet again, and get everyone working again.

Thank God I am still able to get a workout, sleep, dinner on the table every night, hugs and sloppy kisses from the little ones and every now and then hugs and kisses from the big kids too.

As I sit here writing I hear my email chime so I leave this and go there onlyh to find this email (apparently voted best email of the year) from a close friend:  

If you think you are unhappy, look at them 
cid:1.3148128466@web8606.mail.in.yahoo.com

If you think your salary is low, how about her?


cid:2.3148128467@web8606.mail.in.yahoo.com

If you think you don't have many friends...
cid:3.3148128467@web8606.mail.in.yahoo.com

When you feel like giving up, think of this man


cid:4.3148128467@web8606.mail.in.yahoo.com

If you think you suffer in life, do you suffer as much as he does?


cid:5.3148128467@web8606.mail.in.yahoo.com

If you complain about your transport system, how about them?


cid:6.3148128467@web8606.mail.in.yahoo.com

If your society is unfair to you, how about her? 

cid:7.3148128467@web8606.mail.in.yahoo.com
Enjoy life how it is and as it comes 
There are many things in your life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart....pursue those...
 

This is about when I stopped feeling pity and I remembered how lucky I am to have these kids to clean up after, to have a home, a job, a health life.  Digg also had a post of this list with a few other, more depressing, photos.  Someone made a comment about it being depressing and why someone would waste their time putting this together, etc. I don't know about  you, it really did touch my heart.  I'm sorry it's depressing, it's also real.  These things do happen to real people.  

I give thanks for having the things I sometimes call stressful, a problem, or troublesome, for those are thing things that make me happiest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment