Hosted by Gollum, foodie friday is a fun way to experience food from a different perspective. I love sharing my recipes and reading what others have posted as well. Stop by Designs by Gollum to see more.
Egg white pizza
Is it a pizza if it doesn't have dough? Is it a frittatta if it doesn't have cream? You decide.
Basically, this is breakfast or lunch I make on days I feel I need to increase my protein and whenever I need a little change with my veggies. I love this dish, any time of day. I hope you will too.
Cooking Spray or a tsp of olive oil
1/2 cup egg white
4-5 stalks of asparagus
1/2 plum tomato
1/2 cup uncooked baby spinach leaves
2 TBSP of cheese - any kind you like
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Coat the bottom of a pan with cooking spray or olive oil and heat on Medium to High.
- Gently pour in egg white, sprink with salt and pepper and let it cook for about a minute.
- Cup up asparagus and add to the egg white, let cook another minute.
- The eggs should be looking almost done at this point if not give it a little more time.
- Add the plum tomato, then baby spinach leaves, and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cover and let it cook until the cheese melts and the spinach leaves are a little wilted.
My coffee and my breakfast were done about the same time--it's a quick and easy meal to make.
Slide off the pan and onto a plate, eat and enjoy!! It's filling, healthy, and delicious!