Today is Outdoor Wednesday, hosted by Susan at A Southern Day Dreamer. My favorite part of the week as far as blogging is concerned because I can share my outdoors and everything happening in my garden, especially today. Visit Susan for more outdoors!
This is what's been happening or growing in my outdoors. This makes me very happy!
These are tiny little grapes on the grapevine.
Tomatoes = home made salsa..yum.
~ ~ ~ ~
This makes me sad because I don't know what it is and I'm afraid it will mean I have to cut down my grapevine...it is apparently suffering and I don't know what to do. The problem could be in my soil so I guess I can have my soil's nutrients and fungus measured if there's such a thing but many things just aren't growing in there, an oak tree died and we had to cut it down and now this. If you have a clue, please fill me in.
This is some tumor growing on the grapevine. Kind of creepy.
Bye bye oak tree, hello- guess we have to fix the fence now!
After you give me some advice about my garden issues, please visit Susan and see other nice outdoors you'll find around the world. Thanks for coming by.
Thanks for the tour...great photos, pretty flowers, interesting plants and now your fences really need mending...Thanks for sharingReplyDelete
I have no garden advice. Sorry.ReplyDelete
I've never seen such teeny tiny grapes. Of course, I know they must be teeny at some point, but I've never seen them.
I hope ou figure out what's causing your tumor issues. It would be awful for all that vegatation to starve.
HAPPY OUTDOOR WEDNESDAYReplyDelete
YOUR FLOWERS ARE BEAUTIFUL
I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH DISEASES OF GRAPEVINES BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET WHEN I WAS GROWING UP OUR CEDAR TREES BEGAN TO GET THESE ALIEN THINGS ALL OVER THEM...EACH ONE WAS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A PINGPONG BALL AND AN ORANGE COLOR WITH THESE LITTLE SPINEY THINGS COMING OUT ALL OVER.
MY MOTHER CUT ONE OF THEM OFF AND TOOK IT TO THE GARDENER PLACE...IT TURNS OUT THESE WERE LITTLE FUNGUS BALLS BECAUSE THE CEDAR TREE WAS PLANTED TOO CLOSE TO A FRUIT BEARING TREE.....IT WAS 25 STEPS FROM A HUGE APRICOT TREE.
MAYBE THE THING ON YOUR GRAPEVINE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH A SITUATION SIMILIAR.
BEST WISHES FINDING OUT.
Your garden looks lovely! Sorry I have no advice, I don't even know how to garden.ReplyDelete
Wow, your tomato is that far along already? Mine is only about 7 inches tall.ReplyDelete
Happy Outdoor Wednesday Yira! Visiting your site always makes me smile...you have some beautiful flowers in your yard! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ SusanReplyDelete
Hi Yira, great pictures and I LOVE that little tomato!!ReplyDelete
Happy Outdoor Wednesday.
I loved your tour. You have some very beautiful flowers in your garden.ReplyDelete
Hi Yira, beautiful flowers, I wish I could help with the grape vine but I can't. I hope you can find someone.ReplyDelete
thank you for sharing.
Send your pics to your county extension agent. They should be able to help you and will be familiar with problems in your area.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing the pics of your garden. They are great.
Christi @ A Southern Life
yikes! i have never seen anything like that on a grapevine in australia. but if i had done i would have thought that it was caused by phylloxera (the american aphid like sucking insect that nearly wiped out the wine industry in europe in the 1800's). but i assume the vine you have is an american species (ie. not the european vitis vinifera) and they are usually resistant to that insect. you can usually check for phylloxera by digging down into the roots and checking them for the similar gall like structures you see on the leaves and shoots. there is no known cure. in australia if such a thing is found, panic would ensue, the whole vineyard destroyed and the surrounding region quarantined.ReplyDelete
it could of course be some other sap sucking pest that is causing the galls. so my suggestion is to get some sort of systemic pesticide spray(one that actually gets into the sap stream rather than a topical spray) and see if that works. in aus we would use something like bayer's "confidor".
if the problem is fungal (and i doubt that) a spray of wettable sulphur at a rate of 2g/L (sorry dont know the american conversion)should help. and at the outside chance that the galls are caused by blister mite the sulphur will knock them off too. hope this helps.
thanks for checking out my blog. i hope some of your readers might like to become regulars of mine as well
Your photos of your flowers and plants are just beautiful~you take wonderful pictures! I am sorry about the grapevines, I know nothing about them. It sounds like the blogger before me knew alot.ReplyDelete
I am sorry about your Oak (and your fence). We had a big Oak tree in our front yard just keel over a few years ago. I didn't realize how I took it for granted. It makes me sad because it took YEARS for that big old thing to grow and I can never replace it. Luckily, we have many more!! ;-D
Have a great week!