Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Outdoor Wenesday - the mystery in a foggy morning

Outdoor Wednesday forces me to focus on the beauty and the grace of our natural world. Visit Susan for more of what we see outdoors.

This morning I was woken by my teens as they prepared to go to school at 6:00 am. They rush to eat, rush to get the bags ready, my daughter rushes to the bathroom mirror to check herself out one more time and then the phone rings...It's my son's music teacher letting him know that school has been delayed due to dense fog. They both are happy and upset that this news could not have come 30 minutes before. For a teen this means more sleep in the AM. Oh well...it will be a late start for us all.

When I saw the post for Outdoor Wednesday I thought..it's foggy, what's there to see? Well that was me being negative. Here I captured the beautiful, serene, and mysterious life outdoors on a foggy morning in Lee Hall, Virginia. Enjoy the photos and enjoy your day!

The back yard.

The finch feeder.

Trees in the mist.
My street disappears in the fog.
...and still the little flowers that give me hope that spring is just a few days away

Posted by Picasa





Creative Commons License

8 comments:

  1. Yira, I love your foggy morning shots! These are lovely!

    Happy OW...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Yira .... I always have seen the beauty and mystery in a foggy day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Outdoor Wednesday Yira! I like your foggy photos! I hope the sun came out and it is a beautiful day now! Thanks for sharing your photos.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your foggy pictures are great. Her in Holland we had frog too this morning. It makes the world little, I love it when the cows are in the field and in the fog you can only see the legs.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Outdoor Wednesday! Your photos show how different things look in the fog. Sleeping in you would have missed the shots. Thanks for sharing your mystical foggy shots.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fog photographs...thanks for sharing. We had fog this morning too (in NC).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to pics with fog. It's so "soft" looking :0)
    These are great. The pic of the woods and the one of your street on my faves. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete