Saturday, March 14, 2009

Foodie Friday- Tuna Roll Up


I can't believe it's Saturday and I'm just now getting to this. I was so prepared this time I even took pictures while I was making my lunch and thought ...hmm this would be a great one to share. Anyway, sharing I will do. Don't forget, visit our hostess Gollum at Designs by Gollum for more tasty treats.

This is very delicious and very healthy tuna roll up -

Ingredients: 3 oz can of tuna in water, cheese (anything you like), carrots, 1 TBSP lite mayonaise, Romaine lettuce leaf, (also not shown here because I ran out - craisins and sun flower seeds)


Mix the tuna, seeds, craisins and mayo. Layer the lettuce, cheese, carrots, and tuna mixture.


Roll it up and Presto!


Enjoy!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Yira, this is fabulous. It's heart healthy and low-carb, plus it looks so fresh and tasty, just what I need after an evil night of eating puff pastry and Oreos. Now I know what to have for lunch!
    Thank you for joining the potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the way this healthy lunch sounds! (and looks) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tuna and I've never tried it as a wrap. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yira, I think this looks delicious, and I like the fact that it's rolled in lettuce and not bread. My husband would like that, too. Here's hoping you have a wonderful weekend...

    Happy Foodie Friday and St. Pat's!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this 'sandwich.' Don't know if my husband would go for it...he's definitely a bread man...but next round of tuna, I'm going to try this! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always say ... better late than never. Looks like a nutricious and tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for stopping by. I'm glad you liked my tuna roll up. Helen, my husband doesn't care for anything wrapped in lettuce so I use a whole wheat tortilla instead, it's still very healthy that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ..I meant to say Nancy Jane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! It cuts down on the carbs without the bread. Looks yummy ☺

    ReplyDelete