Thursday, September 10, 2009

Foodie Friday - S'Mores

 
Foodie Friday is all about sharing good food with great friends on the blog-o-sphere and just down the street.  Go visit Designs by Gollum for more goodies.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Remember the good old campfire favorite.  Toast your marshmallow in the fire pit, place on a graham cracker layered with a chocolate square, then squished together with another graham cracker to make the most delicious treat ever.
Well, I don't.  Why?  Because this is not a favorite treat in the Dominican Republic.  When I finally did get the chance to try melting a marshamalow in the campfire I failed.  The thing just caught fire and became a black blog on my stick.  Someone eventually felt bad and handed me a perfectly tanned marshmallow but to be honest, I didn't get it.  It tasted like smoke, sort of bitter.  It just wasn't working for me.
That is, until.... I discovered that I could make them at home in the microwave.
Smile Big.  Here it is.  This is a great treat when my girls have sleepovers or when I want just one for dessert.   Try it, you'll like it.
  
 
  
 
 
 
Ingredients
Graham Crackers
Chocolate Candy Bar
Large Marshmallows
  • Break the graham cracker in half and place in on a plate or paper towel.
  • Place 2 squares of chocolate on the cracker.
  • Place one large marshmallow on the chocolate.
  • Cook in microwave on high for 10-12 seconds.
  • Top with the other half of the graham cracker.
Squish it and eat it!!
The chocolate will melt right out but it's OK if it gets a little messy, still yummy and fun for everyone.
Enjoy!