Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A day of rest or not...

Finally! A day for me to do nothing or something but it will be my choice. Crazy as it may sound, I will be cleaning my house today, top to bottom. I feel I have neglected my home over the past week due to our volunteering in the Vacation Bible School program at our chapel. Boy that was a real adventure. It was so much fun, exhausting, but fun. I had my 20 month old in tow the entire time and he was a real trooper. He was well behaved, he played in the playroom, we visited the classrooms and while I took pictures he entertained the crowd. It seems everywhere we went someone was at the ready to scoop him up into their arms and give him hugs and kisses.

I was worried at first not sure how he would behave for three hours a day but it turned out great and he took awesome naps after. I was busy with school work, transporting other my other children around and keeping up with laundry. It was a crazy week but it was a very rewarding week as well.

My first born, now 17 was selected to attend the Governor's School of Richmond for a month. I dropped him off on Sunday. It was like a precursor to the college drop off which will happen next year--God willing. It was an awesome experience as a parent. I was so proud that he was one of 400 kids in this state chosen to participate, one of 28 vocalists--WOW! I miss him but I don't miss him as much as I thought I would. I was actually OK leaving him there. I felt he was in a safe and nurturing environment. Not to sound uncaring but he was hardly ever home. He worked long hours or was at school, with friends or a school function so yes, dinner times and Sundays he was home and he is missed.

So now I sit here taking a break, studying, listening to the news and planning my day of cleaning. That will be my workout for today. I will be much more relaxed and enjoy my quiet time once all that is done. For now, I'll just take advantage of the next few minutes of my early morning peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment